You get what you are!
There are lots of times in my life I failed to achieve what I wanted. Sometimes, I wonder why that happened? And it may happen again! I am sure all of you that are reading this text now had a similar situation.
In this issue, I will write what I have found based on my thoughts and research on why sometimes we achieve something and sometimes not! I will tell you how I adjusted my vision and changed my mindset to live better. This issue seems to be short, but it had a significant impact on my life.
Let me start on how I think these days if I don't get what I want. It's easy; I changed my mindset!
I see my failures as opportunities. A positive attitude towards a negative situation is highly challenging, especially if you have encountered failures for a long time.
But let me ask you a question, how many times have you not succeeded, and a little while afterward, you have noticed that it was good for you that you have not received what you were looking for? If you had had that, it would have created a bad situation for you!
You learn this only when you face it a while after the moment you wanted that thing.
"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," — Dalai Lama.
I faced this several times, and I only learned it when it happened. of course, I am grateful for not getting that after knowing the consequence.
The Subtle Mindset Shift
Shifting a mindset towards a different direction is a pretty complicated process. But it's possible!
"Success is something you attract by the person you become." — Jim Rohn.
It's essential for me that I enjoy what I want. I had a mindset shift about 5-6 years ago, which has drastically changed my life.
I tried to be a person who enjoys what I am doing, which eventually became what I want! I trained myself to accept what I gain is what I am, not what I think I deserve!
Let me give you a few examples of my recent changes:
- I have been on Twitter for a long time until two years ago; I didn't even have 500 followers! When I started creating value on Twitter instead of looking for followers, people followed me! In 2021, I gained over 2500 followers until September. I wanted followers, but to achieve that, I needed a change! I have to become me! I enjoy what I am doing now! Instead of trying to get people to like you, focus on cultivating a cheerful vibe for the sake of it. Try to be yourself. You will get what you are!
- I became GDE (Google Developer Expert) in 2021 January. Before that, since 2016, I have been desperately looking for it! But It never happened. I said to myself at the end of 2019 that perhaps, I was doing wrong! I should not look for the GDE title. Instead, I have to focus on what I can do for the community, for people, for a developer to help them, make them even more successful, and become part of their success! I did! You know what happened, I was not even looking for the title, but it came to me eventually! Not only GDE, but I became part of Auth0 programs, MDE (Cloudinary expert), AWS community builder, and so on! It just came to me! I think it's because I get what I am!
- If you are doing business, do not only try to increase your revenue; instead, you should focus on creating a fantastic product. The income will eventually come to you! A great example here might be Flutter (a framework to develop cross-platform applications). Flutter is such a great framework that everyone talks about it! So, it became popular and top-notch eventually.
I can count many other examples in my life that I get what I was!
Doing things this way and changing your mindset makes you more powerful, which creates a smoother path to success. Well, at least it helped me!
The Primary Rule of Success
Everyone likes to have a higher income. The majority of people are working for a company in exchange for selling their time to get paid.
Most people desperately want to do that. But before you ask for a raise, have you asked yourself what changes have you had that you need to prove you deserve an increase?
"To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people." — Charlie Munger
Your subconscious mind runs you. You might constantly think I deserve a raise, but your brain is looking for proof no matter what you think.
I try not to promise my brain but to prove that I deserve what I want.
When I was a junior developer, I believed that I was much better. My subconscious mind told me no-stop that I needed to ask my former boss to increase my salary or to have a better position.
I did! But I failed!
When I look at the situation back then, I realize how dumb I was! I didn't do anything that I deserve a new raise! I had no proof to talk about, and I asked because I just thought I wanted.
In contrast, when I look at my recent years, I almost get what I was or am.
Nonetheless, I trained and am still teaching myself that I have to make it happen if I want something.
If I want to become a senior developer, that doesn't happen! I have to make it! When I am, I will get what I want!
If I want to live better or have a better job, I have to become better to make it happen.
I have to be what I want. I get what I am!
I can summarize what I am trying to say in this issue with the following words:
- If you want something, you have to become it
- Not getting what you want is not necessarily bad always! embrace it
- The mindset shift is inevitable. Work on it! Every failure is pushing your one step higher! Think it that way!
- Do not promise to yourself that what you want is what you deserve! Instead, prove what you want is what you actually are and if not, try, learn, work hard until you get it.
My last words are what I read from Robert Greene that says, Always seem patient, as if you know that everything will come to you eventually.
I am excited about my latest article. I have spent about two months on this article series, and finally, I was published on the Auth0 blog.
I have covered the latest feature in auth0, which is Action. Actions are similar to Lambda or Cloud functions and are pretty powerful.
1- Flutter Authentication and Authorization with Auth0, Part 1: Adding Authentication to an App
2- Flutter Authentication and Authorization with Auth0, Part 2: Refresh Tokens, Social Logins, and More
3-Flutter Authentication and Authorization with Auth0, Part 3: Adding Real-Time Chat to the App
4- Flutter Authentication and Authorization with Auth0, Part 4: Roles and Permissions
If you are into Flutter, feel free to read it and wait for supporting videos published this week.